Chia seeds are known for about a thousand years, but there are still people who don’t know about it. It was mentioned for the first time by the Aztecs, as a food which is a medicine and as an element of religious ceremonies.
It is abundant in omega 3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, as well as antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. It renews the skin in an efficient way, burns fat, helps digestion, and improves the body.
Nutritionists advice that it should be consumed for conditions like a weak body and low energy levels, and it is regularly used by athletes.
Moreover, the chia seed contains 37% nutritional fibers that improve the work of intestines, and diets with the seeds are excellent for prevention of colon cancer.
Here are a few good reasons to use chia seed regularly:
- It is gluten-free
- It can substitute eggs, and you simply have to mix them with water to make a gel.
- It helps for digestive problems because of the high concentration of fiber
- It is among the super foods for the brain and heart health, because of its 20% of omega 3 fatty acids, and it is for eight times more omega 3 fatty acids than salmon.
- Contains 20% protein.
- Maintains the health of the nails, hair, and skin
- They have three times more iron than spinach.
- It is a very powerful antioxidant and has four times more antioxidants than blueberries.
- Contains 7 times more vitamin C than oranges.
- It is perfect for diabetics, because it regulates the glucose levels in the blood
- Has eight types of amino acids.
- Has five times more calcium than milk.
- They are characterized by twice more potassium than bananas.
Experts say that , you have to consume one tablespoon of chia seeds everyday. because the chia seeds are contain a high amount of fiber , remember to drink water often. They are tasty , so you can mix them with your smoothies, or you may use them as salad additions. In the same way you can the chia seeds to the dough for muffins and bread.
Soak the seeds in water for fifteen minutes, and they will become larger, even twenty times bigger than the original size. So, the chia seeds will regulate your appetite.
You can also add it to pineapples, almonds, or coconut oil, and make one delicious meal.